Thursday, August 30, 2007

Song Prompt 171.1/Realm of the Muse

If a picture paints a thousand words,
Then why can't I paint you?
The words will never show the you I've come to know.
If a face could launch a thousand ships,
Then where am I to go?
There's no one home but you,
You're all that's left me too.
And when my love for life is running dry,
You come and pour yourself on me.

If a man could be two places at one time,
I'd be with you.
Tomorrow and today, beside you all the way.
If the world should stop revolving spinning slowly down to die,
I'd spend the end with you.
And when the world was through,
Then one by one the stars would all go out,
Then you and I would simply fly away

*******
"It's hard to believe we've finally done it." Abby's words were quiet as she looped her arms around her new husband and interlocked her fingers.

"You're not mad about my doing all of this without telling you?" As his arms slid around her in response he pulled her closer.

"Maybe a little, but I think I'll get over it." She smiled up at him before raising up on her toes so she could kiss him.

"I just...I don't know...I love you Abby, I love Joe, and I can't think about a life without either of you, there didn't seem to be any reason to wait anymore, even if it meant not having our families here." Luka returned her kiss as he finished.

"Who gets to break the news to them?" Abby's smile came easily. "Maggie is not going to be happy when she hears we had the wedding without her." 152

"I already told tata." His own grin spread across his face as he confessed. "I had to talk to someone about it." He drew back, expecting a swat from her that didn't come then pulled her close again.

"Bastard. Now you do get to tell her." Any further words that she might have had for him were lost as he captured her mouth in another kiss.

"It doesn't matter." He leaned his head against hers, "All that matters is that we're together, we're a family. Listen, I can't say it any better than this." He lifted a finger then motioned to his ear as he stopped himself, the lyrics to the song suddenly saying what he wanted to.

If a man could be two places at one time,
I'd be with you.
Tomorrow and today, beside you all theway.
If the world should stop revolving spinning slowly down to die,
I'd spend the end with you.
And when the world was through,
Then one by one the stars would all go out,
Then you and I would simply fly away

No comments: