Monday, September 4, 2006

Picture Prompt for The Boat/Calm for 100 Moods

"What do you think?" Luka asked the question quietly as he paused, letting the small boat drift, his oars still in the water.

"It's beautiful, Luka."  Danijela smiled, watching the face of her new husband as he seemed to always be watching her.  "You like coming here."

"I always have, since I was a little boy."  He returned her smile as he pulled the oars from the water and laid them in the boat near his feet.  "Coming to Baka and Djed's was something I always looked forward to, there was so much to do, and it was so different from being in the City."

"It's so quiet, so calm."  Danijela had slipped her shoes off and lifted her feet now so that she could prop them in Luka's lap.  As he began to rub them she released a contented sigh.  "I could get used to this, maybe we could stay here, instead of going to Vukovar."

Luka laughed, before shaking his head.  "I wish we could but you know classes will be starting soon, we've got to go and find a place to live before that happens.  Don't worry, we'll have plenty of times to come back, my grandparents will never sell this place, and who knows, maybe one day we can move here with our children."  He gave a final squeeze to her feet before reaching once more for the oars and dropping them back into the water.

"I think I'd like that Luka."  Danijela smiled at her husband again before leaning back and letting the face warm her face, "Yes, I'd like that alot.

Muse: Luka Kova/ER
Words: 272

No comments: