Friday, March 23, 2007

What is the biggest mistake you've made in a relationship?/Theatrical Muse

As Abby and I begin making plans for our marriage, I can't help but think back on the mistakes we've made, mistakes I've made. I know that I can't go back and undo anything that happened, so the best I can do is hope that in the years that have passed, I've learned enough for them not to be repeated.

If I were to regret one mistake more than any other though, it would be the way that Abby and I broke up the first time we were together. I know I wasn't thinking about the consequences of the words I used that night any more then she was thinking about what she was saying to me.  The objective for both of us was likely the same, we wanted to hurt each other and the words we threw were ones meant to sting,  They were meant to inflict a pain that would last well past that cool Chicago night when they were first used, and they did.

No comments: