Friday, March 2, 2007

Croatian Archway Prompt/Artistic License




Title: Stolen Kiss

 Challenge written for this picture...




Danijela's laugh was light as it drifted up through the narrow walkway and as Luka followed it to the arches he found his own joining it.

"What do you think you're doing?" Stepping over the sill he took a seat on the stone arch before extending his hands to the dark-haired girl who waited in the grass on the other side.

"Nothing." Shaking her head she walked over to take his hands in hers before allowing him to pull her close. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I was thinking I might kiss you for starters." A smile spread across his face as he revealed his intentions.

"Oh you did, did you? What if I won't let you?" Her own smile broadened in response as she moved closer to him.

"I think you will, now, come here" Pulling her onto his lap with a soft laugh Luka released her hands so he could slide his arms around Danijela's waist. "Have I told you how beautiful you are lately?"

"You think that's going to help?" The young woman blushed under his scrutiny. "My parents are going to be wondering where I am."

"Which is why you should let me kiss you." His smile deepened as did her blush. "I'm not letting you go until you do."

"That's not fair, Luka Kovac and you know it." Even with her protest her smile joined his. "All right, one kiss, and then we have to go." With the permission given the young couple gave in to the intimacy of the kiss, sharing the moment as had others before them within the shadows of the ancient archway.

No comments: