Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Did you get something you wanted? Good. Now thank the person who gave it 1.16/RotM Challenge

Muse: Luka Kovac/ER
Words: 261

Abby,

As I write this I know there will never be enough words to express the way I feel, the way I have felt since you told me you were pregnant.  I know in the past that the subject of my first family has always been something we've avoided discussing, but, I think now, it's time we changed that. 

From the moment Jasna died, there has been this emptiness inside of me, she was the last, and with her and Marko both gone, I lost a huge portion of who I was. I can't tell you how many times I found myself turning at the sound of a child's voice as he or she called to their Tata, and each time it was like a knife piercing my heart, reminding me of what I had lost.  I didn't think I would ever know any other feeling and I certainly never thought I would hear my own child call me Tata again.

Thank you hardly seems adequate for expressing my gratitude but I just don't know what else to say.  You're giving me a gift that will bind us together for eternity and I need you to understand that I realize the importance of that commitment.  Abby, I love you and want you to know that I will be there for you, through everything this brings.  So, again, I thank you, not just for our child, but for giving me back the joy of hearing the sound of my child calling me Tata.

With love, Luka

No comments: