Monday, June 12, 2006

What was your childhood ambition?/Theatrical Muse Challenge fic

My father is a train engineer based out of Zagreb in Croatia, has been for my entire life, and one of my greatest joys as a child was riding on the train with him as he traveled his routes.  I remember how proud my brother and I were, telling everyone who would listen that it was our father who was driving the train.  I can even remember sitting on his lap in the engine and pretending that I was the one doing the actual driving.  I suppose, like most children, my earliest ambition then was to follow in my father's footsteps and become an engineer as well.

I'm not really sure when I changed my mind about my choice of careers, or even what it was that prompted me to decide that medicine was my true calling, but from the moment it was made I don't think I ever regretted it. 

 

No comments: